Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Think Warm

Looking for somewhere new to escape to this summer? Have you ever gone to Ocean City Maryland? If not you should plan on going sometime. The best part of this vacation destination is that it can conform to any age group. There really is something for everyone.

My husband and I decided we wanted to go after we did a day trip there in the fall of 2010. We loved it so much we have gone back in the summer 2011 and 2012. My parents have a vacation club so it is really affordable for us. Plus it mixes up where we stay each time.

Last summer we got my sister and her boyfriend hooked. They had such a great time that they went back 2 weeks later to celebrate my sister's birthday. Now being young with no children allows you to enjoy the night life. I will admit that makes it a little different.

There are some very cool places to hang out. Some of the places can even be fun during the day. If you are looking to drink the day away hanging out at Seacrets for a party atmosphere is ideal because there is always something going on. If you are looking for a more relaxed setting for drinking the day away Fish Tales is your ticket. You can sit in their unique swings and play in the sand.

They are both good options for evening and will provide their similar atmospheres at night. My favorite evening destination is however De Lazy Lizard. Their sunsets are amazing. The bonus of going there is that if there is a long wait to eat dinner they have a huge outdoor bar right on the bay. There is something about being there that makes you feel like you are in paradise.

Everyone has their destinations that are required on their stay. One of my entire families favorites is Dead Freddies. I recommend you sit outside near a misting fan and get a creamsicle crush. Let's face it you aren't in OCMD until you have a crush in your hand.

But when I say it is for everyone I mean it. There are plenty activities for all ages. There is miniature golf at every turn, the boardwalk offers hours of entertainment and there are various water related activities depending on how thrill seeking you are.

Traffic can be a nightmare, but if you are lucky to be there an entire week you will notice that after the weekends end the crowds thin out a little. We were down the week of the 4th of July once and it was not hard to get around at all.

Most of all I recommend getting as close to the beach as possible. There is something wonderful about being able to walk back and forth to where you are staying relatively easy. I guess I was so used to having to walk far at the jersey shore that being half a block off the beach seemed like such a luxury to me.

Add Ocean City Maryland to your list if places you want to go. You will enjoy it. I promise!







No comments:

Post a Comment