Monday, February 11, 2013

Hitting the Road

In December my husband and I made a major purchase. We got ourselves an RV. It was gently used and was perfect for our needs.

When you tell people you bought a camper they ask if you are going to drive across the country. My challenge is to explain to them what we needed a camper for.

We promote dirt track races. Usually the first thing someone then thinks is motorcycles because most people have seen motorcross. I don't even know how to begin to explain it to someone who has never seen it.

What I can explain is the amazing time we have camping with our friends. That is why we needed an RV. That is the universal message here. If you have friends that camp you should go too.

Yes we do it at a dirt track so when we go we have to be prepared to run on a generator the whole time and take all the fresh water we could need with us, but people who go to campgrounds have a great time too.

It's really about enjoying the outdoors. There is something so much fun about long summer nights outside under the stars with a fire, good food and great friends.

It's almost the start of our camping season. We will start on March 15th and it will be our RV's first trip out on the road. I can't wait. If you are thinking about camping do it. Buy a camper. There are a lot out there and the loans make it affordable. You will thank me.

1 comment:

  1. The only camper camping I have ever done was in my neighbors back yard for a sleep over.

    ReplyDelete